Monday 8 June 2009

One down........

3, or is it 4, to go.

Big Bertha and I have bonded again, and to prove it, here are photos of a quilted BarJelly. (By the way, if you ever want to see a Iarger photo in my blog, all you have to do is click on it, then use the back button to go back to normal.) haven't trimmed or bound it yet, but I wanted to show you all. I was worried about quilting this one as there were so many seams to contend with, but I should have had more faith in Bertha. There were about 3 skipped stitches, but hey, who's counting? It could have been much worse.


Now all I have to do is decide who to give it to - Little Sis is always happy to get my quilts, Mrs Nomad won't want it, Daugther-in-Law (aka Mrs Teacher) might do. I might just sit back and wait and see who asks first, or I might just put it in a cupboard. I still don't like it, although I do quite like the reverse of it.

6 comments:

  1. I'll dib it first! LOL Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I expect most of your quilting chums would take it off you, no hesitation! Glad to hear you're getting along with Bertha again, I like the all-over swirls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the new picture. We'd love the quilt if its still up for grabs. Mrs and Mrs teacherxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeehah. BarJelly has a new owner. Mr and Mrs Teacher will become it's new owners just as soon as it's bound and finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much. We will have to think about how to give it the lovely space it deserves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I once went to a brilliant lecture with Lynne Edwards who said "don't ever make quilts for other people, make the quilts you want to make and keep them, THEN, when someone comes along and absolutely falls in love with a particular quilt, give it to them".

    (PS: new pic is lovely)

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10