Monday 10 August 2009

Cinnamon Snickerdoodles.


It seems there is some sort of a problem with the last 2 posts, so I have deleted them both and will re-post the recipe again here.

Ingredients:
300 gm or 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
450 gm or 2 cups brown sugar, packed
225 gm or 1 cup softened butter
2 eggs at room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla

For the topping:
2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon (not sugar, as I originally wrote, sorry all, and thanks Ms QuiltingProlifically for spotting it) mixed together

Optional:
500 gm or 2 1/3 cups cinnamon chips. (Note: I did not add these as I don't think we can get them in the UK. The recipe did not seem to suffer from the lack of them.)

Method:
Preheat oven to 180C or 350F and lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch pan. (Note: don't use a very shallow pan as the mixture will rise during cooking.)
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar then beat in the eggs (one at a time) and vanilla until smooth.
Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon, add it slowly mixing until well blended.
Stir in the cinnamon chips if using.
Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan and evenly sprinkle over the sugar and cinnamon topping over the batter.
Bake for 25 mins or until the surface springs back when gently pressed. The mixture will rise during cooking. Stay around to enjoy the wonderful smell!
Cool slightly. While still warm, cut into squares and remember to reserve one for me.

These are delicious served warm or cold, with or without cream!

4 comments:

  1. Sue, that looks sooo good!!
    I will give it a try soon.
    bp

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been 'banned' from cooking these sort of goodies whilst "Somebody" tries to loose a few pounds .... bwwaaaaaaaaahhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  3. After my phone call and my fiddling around with blogs yesterday, I still only had the picture of the snickerdoodles - but today you are back! hooray! perhaps it was Google having a hiccup after all!
    now as soon as the man comes and fixes the thermostat in my oven I can try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bilbo why not just wait till Management is away one day and make them then? You could always freeze some so he doesn't even have to see the evidence.

    Sewing Granny, I really don't know what was happening yesterday. Some people could see the whole post, some couldn't, so I just deleted it altogether and re-posted and that seemed to do the trick. I know that 2 or 3 people had left comments, but I stupidly deleted before replying to them, so would those people please excuse my stupidity? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10