Friday 27 August 2010

I may be a bit quiet ......

...... for a day or so.  My EQ7 arrived yesterday and I've been playing trying to learn it.  It is very, very different from QuiltPro, which is the software I've been using for years.  I know that software inside out, and can make it do almost everything I want, BUT it didn't like working on Windows 7, which is what is on the laptop I now have.    I thought I'd try and draw up the pattern some of you want, and work out all the fabric quantities and cutting requirements in EQ7 and then compare it to the answers from QuiltPro.

I've also been having a go at paper piecing, which is not something I've ever done much of.  It makes a lot of mess, doesn't it?  The jury's out on whether I will carry on with it.  Tomorrow I am intending to have a serious go at machine applique, which again is not something I've really done before.
  I'm getting quite adventurous in my old age aren't I?

16 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll be fine. I've EQ 6 after using Quilt Pro for a few years and I love it. I couldn't be without it now. It did take some getting used to but it's so easy to use now.

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you trying new techniques. I would like to give paper piecing a better chance than I have before-perhaps next year. I'll be interested in your views.
    I had EQ6 got the update for EQ7 and can now say I don't know either very well. It's definately something that for me anyway takes a bit of uninterupted time, don't have that here right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks...er...not that your old...or a dog...sheesh!! #$#$#@& just pulling my foot out of my mouth!! :o)
    Take care and enjoy your new toy!!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the present block that you're working on! I can't wait to see what you are going to do with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check this out....someone else playing with the same toy you are!!

    http://cottoncocktails.blogspot.com/
    Have fun!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  6. I now feel very confident, well confident enough anyway to comment about your Eq7.......
    That's it, I only know what it is because you told me :-)
    Enjoy playing :-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pleased to hear EQ7 arrived and that you're playing with it - perhaps we can help each other!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at you -- trying new things! Good luck with your EQ7!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun with EQ7. I think you'll like it. I decided that I would learn more if I took a class.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for you comment, she really did enjoy her quilt. Good luck on useing the new EQ7 and have fun with it.Have a great week in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love EQ6, it didn't take too long to get my head around it, once you've worked out that the sketchbook is key, it's a doddle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have fun with your EQ7! Love that little present block - turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy the EQ Sue, your block sure is pretty..

    ReplyDelete
  14. I upgraded to EQ7 and really have not used it enough to learn all the differences in it and EQ6

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am sure you will love it & yes it takes time i am still learning it
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10