Thursday 11 November 2010

Ready? ....

I know I've told you before that I worry about me sometimes, so here's my latest stupidity.

I spent almost all of yesterday looking for a book with an applique pattern of Father Christmas that I thought I might have a go at on Saturday. 

I looked in all the obvious places.............I looked in the not-at-all obvious places............ I had lunch........ I looked in all the obvious places again.......... I looked again in the not-at-all-obvious places.........still no luck.  So then I looked on the computer. 

Yes, I know I wouldn't find it there, but I just thought I'd check on my account history with Mr Amazon for when I'd actually bought it.  Don't ask me why I thought that might help me find it, but that's me!  I was right though, it DID help.  I discovered that I'd never actually bought it!

So anyway, are you all ready to join in the last Christmas Quiltalong for this year?

16 comments:

  1. That is toooooo funny!!! Thanks for the laugh this morning. At least now you know what happened to it. Don't feel bad tho, we all do stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be too embarrassed to tell all the silly things I did. And there are many of them.

    Have my stitching group tomorrow but I will be posting before I go and when I get back in to the evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Ha! You crack me up! And I'm beginning to think we share a brain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Irritating, but possibly not as bad as someone I know who regularly (accidentally) buys the same book twice because they don't remember whether they have it or not .....

    (And no, it is NOT me!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha, ha, ha, there's hope for all of us then! Thanks for the giggle. I'm looking forward to Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do that all the time....I did it twice today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh, that sounds like something I would do! Is that similar to walking into a room and then forgetting why you went in there in the first place?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hehe! Is it catching? LOL Nope not ready, but will try and join in when I can!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL...we all have moments like that. It is frustrating that you don't have it when you wanted it though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wah...I won't be joining the quiltalong this month as I will be away at my first ever retreat!! I will be having my own Christmas day next week and plan on finishing up the projects I started on the other quiltalong days. Can't wait to come back and see the progress everyone has made!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think we can all claim to do something just as stupid i know i was looking for labels & i looked & looked i did find them in the end where i had looked about 3 times before lol
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! That sounds like something I would do.

    If ever I have a question whether I have a book, or magazine, or pattern, I call my 10 year old daughter, have her look at the cover that I've found online somewhere, and then ask her. I found that I've saved lots of doubling up that way, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The first place I normally go to when I have lost something is in the fridge :-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can so relate to this, what I want to know is, why when you spend hours looking for something, you find it in the first place you looked for it???? Now, how does that happen??? Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad that it's not just me

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. It must have been something in the air - I just had a similar day!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10