Friday 16 December 2011

Last night ...

... I went late night shopping with Mrs Nomad.

We try to have this girly-Christmassy expedition to a fairly big shopping mall near us every year.  We always start with a visit to the chocolate fountain, where we have strawberries dipped in the warm chocolate.  We get very messy and sticky at this point.  Then we do our shopping.  We make sure that we only need one or two things, so it becomes more about the social side,  then we finish off with some sort of coffee or hot chocolate drink with loads of cream.  Yummy.  This year - disaster.  The chocolate fountain wasn't there!

Oh well, we'll just have to do the shopping then.  I didn't need very much, just one or two stocking-filler types of presents.  I'm not sure if I had a successful outing or not, cos the only thing(s) I bought were these.  Happy Christmas to Me!

On another topic, I have just seen that my bloggy pal Lynn has entered a quilt, called "Untitled" into the Quilting Gallery's contest this week.  It is a beautiful quilt, and you can see more about it if you go here and scroll down the post a little.  I know she'd be thrilled if you went and voted for her, here.

9 comments:

  1. More decorations? Steady girl, I might be becoming a bad influence on you ☺ Does look very smart though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No chocolate? On dear!
    The trees are pretty, so I'd say worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Chocolate? how inhumane. Your trees are quite nice, though. I hope you still had a good time with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your trees! And what a nice time you had...even without chocolate! Your friend's quilt is beautiful...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have been sorely disappointed in no chocolate fountain....not good...things would be thrown....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty trees. But along with everyone else I'd have really wanted that chocolate fountain. Maybe you'll get one for Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. No chocolate strawberries? So sad! Thank you for mentioning my humble entry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I love those trees! So fun!!! But still the day had to be ruined with no chocolate fountain. Just ruined.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10