Wednesday 28 March 2012

Wimbledon Squares ...

... is finished, and here are some photos to prove it.

It is actually too big to show the whole thing, but you can get the idea, despite my rubbish photography.

Here it is draped over the rotary line in the sunshine.  This was a big quilt for the first outing of my new robot, and I am delighted with how well it works.




The backing is a bright yellow, with teeny-tiny white flowers on it.
This is the quilt with the bamboo wadding.  Although it quilts up nicely, this wadding is very heavy, and quite stiff.  It doesn't drape very well, and therefore I would not use it again.

This is a close up to show the quilting, which is an allover feather pattern.





Finally, here it is, on the bed.   I couldn't get far enough away (unless I climbed out of the window) to get the whole quilt in unfortunately, but I do love how it looks on the bed.

23 comments:

  1. It is wonderful...a very soft quilt! Your pictures do the job...I love the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great looking quilt!
    I love the yellow backing and the quilting really turned out great -

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT WORK!! i love the pattern and the colours. I also love the way you quilted it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Nice !!!........Luv Ann J

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so elegant and I love your quilting. Well done to both parties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great quilt Sue!! It's so graphic but so soft. I'll bet it's even prettier in person :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful quilt and quilting Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. In the sunlight the design and fabric have a very gentle look that's very pleasing. I love it. Thanks for the info on the bamboo batting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quilt, I would hope the wadding softens up after a wash...if it fits in your machine?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! I made a couple of these log cabin variations years ago before I started blogging and have always loved how they look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a great looking quilt - perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohh I really like that alot!
    Big quilts are so hard to photograph. I would like to take better pictures but I don't want to put in the time to learn...I just want to shoot and 'waa-la' be done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely, absolutely lovely! Everything about it is just perfect. Well done, great work!!

    Have a super great sewing and stitching day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it. The colors look great and I really like the back of the quilt. Let us know how that batting works over time, ok? I've never used the bamboo batting but wanted to...Your quilting is wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OOOH! So lovely! The top, the back, the quilting! I love it! I have read about bamboo batting, but never imagined it is kind of stiff.... hm...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely beautiful Sue!! Great job.

    I am not a fan of bamboo batting, do not like how it quilts up and it is so ridiculously linty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty!!! I love everything about it!! The pretty feathers to the all the yellows. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sue, I love it! What great colors, what great design, and what great quilting!! You have a definite winner here! Grand Slam! (tennis talk, sorry!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, I don't know why you wouldn't go to great lengths of climbing out your window to show us a full photo of such a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10