Saturday 1 September 2012

Lone Star day, post 2

Well, there's bad news and there's good news.

The bad news is that I won't have enough of the red fabric if I do the pieced border I want.  The good news is that I have found that one of my favourite UK shops seems to have some in stock still, so I have just placed an order. The shop are now closed for the weekend and I am reluctant to start cutting into what I have, just in case there is a problem and the shop can't supply it, so I will not be able to start the pieced blocks today.  I'll leave you with a picture of what I am planning, and hope to have made some real progress before the next Lone Star day.
I've just noticed that if I look at the picture slightly skew-wiff, I can see white "z"s instead of red stars!  Perhaps that's a sign that I need a snooze!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my... having to wait to see if the shop has the additional fabric you need... bummer!

    *fingers crossed*

    I do like the pieced border so it's worth the wait... hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And in other good news..... I found your book, Pick Four, at our local library!!! I already own the book, but I thought it was great to see it available in our library system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you found the fabric you need. That indicates to me that this is "meant to be." Any pictures so we can have a peek??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geez, talk about fighting on this one tooth and nail! I like your ZZZZ border. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you're planning for the border - hope the fabric works out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wondered how you were doing on your Lone Star. I remembered that today was the day and you thought maybe you would finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rats, sorry you didn't have enough fabric for your planned design. I'd have changed plans ......

    Hope when the fabric comes it is the same dye lot - I was caught once by ordering more material to finish a quilt and although it was the "same" fabric (theoretically), it wasn't the same :{

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope it works out for that border fabric. I'd want to wait to cut too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10