Saturday 1 December 2012

It's Lone Star day


I can hardly believe that this is the last of our Lone Star days.  It was about this time last year that Jayne and I got chatting, and somehow encouraged each other into making a Lone Star quilt by having one day a month when we worked on ours and encouraged other people to join us.  Elizabeth has been with us all the way through, and her quilt is looking wonderful although I'm not sure she'll be joining us today as I know she has a time-crunch quilt to get done at the moment.

Anyway, it's now lunch time here, and I have done all my chores, so I'm free for the rest of the day.  My intention is to turn this
and these

into something looking like this

by the end of the day.

Wish me luck, and I'll be back later to show you my progress.  Meanwhile, if you're joining us today, hop on over to Jayne's place, as she is the hostess today and has the Linky up on her blog.

See you all later.

PS don't forget my giveaway, here.

5 comments:

  1. That is going to look absolutely beautiful Sue, bet you are really pleased with it. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is going to be beautiful! I love Lone Star quilts. I have only made one. I love the little star border. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be gorgeous Sue! I wish I'd had the time to join the group. Making a Lone Star quilt is on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck today! Your centre star with the star blocks surrounding it will be gorgeous! Good for you for challenging yourself to make this quilt...enjoy your day sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww so thoughtful of you to cover for my busy bum! LOL.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10