Saturday 31 August 2013

I'm still here ...

.... As I mentioned before, I had two quilts to make before I jet off to the US, so I have been quiet.  The first one is made, quilted, bound and I will finish the hanging sleeve this evening.  So tomorrow I should be able to show you a picture of it.  Meanwhile, I have also been making blocks for the other version of the same quilt. This one is being made in ruby red, dark pink, chocolate and cream. Sounds horrible doesn't it?  Well I think it's just gorgeous and here's a picture of some of the blocks (without the cream) for you to see.
This picture actually shows the effect of using shott cottons a bit more specially if you look at the four centre triangles above.  The effect is even better in real life.

Do you remember sweets called Raspberry Ruffles from when you were a child?  That's just what these blocks remind me of, so I have a feeling this quilt might be called Ruffled Raspberries or something similar rather than 3D Noughts and Crosses v3.

Now I really must put down the laptop, ignore the quilting magazine that dropped through my letterbox a short while ago, and go sew ......

13 comments:

  1. Save rhe magazine for your carry on...my mouth is watering for more of raspberry ruffledees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of Raspberry Ruffles, but that quilt is going to be scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name Raspberry Ruffles! It's beautiful Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love the name Raspberry Ruffles, though I don't remember eating any! Your fabrics are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These colors are so pretty together. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never heard of Raspberry Ruffle. Maybe when you get back from your trip you can share the recipe with us. I love the 2 versions of you quilt. Have a safe journey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colours, Sue and yes - I remember Raspberry Ruffles ! Must be a memory peculiar to those of us over a certain age :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great name and beautiful colors. Now I want raspberries and a pinky quilt:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it is a fitting name - hmm, you better have some raspberry truffle ready at Lyn's - to feed the bear. Yes, I saw that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How could Raspberry and Chocolate NOT work together, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great colors! When I first looked at the picture I thought of chocolate covered cherries. Raspberry Ruffles is a much better name.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thought you'd been awfully quiet. Love those colours and can't wait to see it finished. (quilting as well).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful. Love your choice of colors too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10