Friday 18 October 2013

Shopping, winning and lessons

I have realised that I didn't show you what I bought while I was on holiday, so here we are.
I bought a complete FQ bundle of Midwinter Reds and I also got some additional yardage in the same line.  I knew immediately I saw it what I was going to do with this.  I am going to use Lynn's Heartfire pattern, which I have loved for a long time.

I also bought these 2 FQ's which I need for the borders for my Country Charmer quilt.

When I got home, I had a squishy envelope waiting for me.  At our last Christmas QAL, Happy Hazel had a quiz for us, and I was the clever-clogs (Hazel's word, not mine) who won.  The envelope contained this lovely bundle of FQs.
The colours are not too good in the photo, but they are lovely pinky-orangy grey colours.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them yet, but I'll think of something.  Thanks so much Hazel.

Now for the "lessons" referred to in the title of this post.  While we were staying at the cabin, Lynn "volunteered" to teach Nancy and I how to applique.  The afternoon was absolutely hilarious (and I hold Mr Joe entirely responsible for the laughter) and after Lynn showed us how to make a beautiful pumpkin, it was our turn.

Now I'm not saying who got glue in places where glue shouldn't be, and nor am I saying who might have tried to swap her slightly lopsided pumpkin for the teacher's when she wasn't looking, but I will say it was Nancy's fault that I tried to do the swap and I will also say that we had loads of fun and laughter.

Meanwhile, my Ladies in Waiting sat waiting very patiently for their dinner.

14 comments:

  1. I also purchased the Midwinter Reds fabric . Heart fire is going to be perfect for this fabric. How fun that you were able to have Lynn teach you her method of applique

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bought wonderful fabrics. Looking forward to see, what you sew from them.
    And so cute how your Ladies wait for dinner ;-)
    Greetings Grit

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you could post laughter! You two were so funny. Maecee and Zinnie looked a little disgusted with the three of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love that MidWinter Reds bundle - good for you in taking some home with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the reds, too. Nice bundle of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun post. And I can't wait to see your yummy FQB come a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh there's my girls! Both 2 legged and 4 legged varieties! I knew I should've gotten those Midwinter Reds while we were swirling around giggling at In Betwixt Stitches in our Tiaras! Since Lynn is heading in that same with her direction too, I may just have to order Heartfire and head to the LQS where I saw the fabric last week! That line is perfect for Heartfire!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those midwinter reds are so you! I'm thrilled to see you've had a fabulous time! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. and...if you had just kept that guilty look off you face, Lynn never would've known about the switcheroo! I thought it was rather genius of me on the spur of the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. and I agree! It's all Mr. Joes fault! Every bit of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Midwinter Reds and bought some fat quarters at a quilt shop this past week. Will be ordering more yardage online :-) Can't wait to make a red and white quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look forward to seeing the 'real' colours next weekend, who hoo - only 6 more sleeps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that salmon and gray combination. You did have fun, didn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hehehe, so fun to see the picture of you gals. Oh and those fabric are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10