Wednesday 17 June 2015

It's playtime ...

... in my house.

We've got the builders in, refitting our en-suite.  They're making lots of noise and creating absolute havoc, so, what's a girl to do?  Go and play with her sewing machine, which lives at the opposite end of the house.  So, this is what I've tried out today. (Oooh, I've just realised the strips match the colour on my book cover and also on the blog background - I must like turquoise.)
It's a little bit puckered, but that's cos I forgot to change the tension back from where I have it for my free-motion quilting adventures.  I really like this block and I can see all sorts of possibilities for it.

So, in the last month I've had a go at machine applique, free-motion quilting and now this.  I'm obviously in the mood to experiment.  What next I wonder?

6 comments:

  1. I need to hit the 'like' button! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool block! Getting very adventuresome there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too rather like this block Sue, never a day passes when someone does not hare in blogland something I feel I want to have a go at

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you've progressed from 4 fabrics to 2!! {snortle}.

    Will phone you this afternoon; got a bucket of ironing to do and don't feel like gardening :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10