Friday 25 September 2015

I forgot to show you ...

... my sort of modern wedding ring quilt.  I started this last year and acttually finished the top at the quilt retreat last October.  It didn't get quilted till after Christmas and the binding finally went on a couple of months ago. It took so long cos I fell out of love with it when I was making it. I had all sorts of issues with biases (yes Bilbo, I did use starch too) so the blocks were not fitting together properly.  Originally this was going to be a much larger quilt, but I decided enough was enough so it's quite a small throw instead.  Now I've finished it I am happy with it and it is currently decorating the back of the sofa.
Here is a close up of the quilting, and also, my pieced backing - I was obviously determined to use up all the odd bits of fabric from the front, as even the binding is pieced.

Sorry it's a bit scrumpled looking, but my back didn't feel like I should be crawling around on the floor to smooth it out, so what you see is just how it landed.

11 comments:

  1. I really like it, I say it is definitely modern looking, nice color choices too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful! and just the right size. I do love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, well done for finishing, it looks super :-} (and yes, starch does make all the difference!)

    Double Wedding Ring is still on my 'must make one day' list, in fact, was cogitating it last week . . . but as you know, I do considerably my cogitating than actual sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: so glad you fell over to the Dark Side and now make pieced backs, pfnar, pfnar, pfnar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quilting, what a lovely quilt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I think that is lovely. Your quilting is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors and think it came out pretty nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on sticking with it and it looks lovely. I've done quite a few pieced backs when needed and definitely 'lots' of pieced bindings. In fact I'm handsewing one at the moment. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In spite of the fits it gave you, it came out really pretty. I'm binding a quilt right now that gave me a twitch before it was finally longarm ready. Its a good thing that a multitude of sins can be hidden by a layer of batting and a pieced back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. good that you decided to finish this it must look lovely on the back of the sofa

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10